May 22, 2018

Introductions

Wow! Simply Books has been an idea that I wasn't sure that I wanted to pursue.
There - I said it.

If you're reading this, then a) thanks for reading this and b) this is my very first blog post for Simply Books.

Blogs and blogging have long been a favourite platform of mine and I'd be lying if I said I haven't attempted this before. 

But this time, I have a good feeling.

Simply Books was a blog name that came to me while I was pondering the idea of starting a blog. I wanted to keep it simple, try not to bite off more than I could chew and really use this as a platform for being creative and having a chance to write (or type rather). 

Books and reading are topics I know lots about, so naturally that would be a comfortable topic to blog about.

I read a lot, always have. The last few years since graduating college, I was stressed about finding a career in my field of study and to escape the pressures of being a post-grad, I fell back into the pages of my favourite pastime.  

While reading, like any hobby can be expensive. I pride myself on my book-bargain hunting abilities. With a favourite online site, like Book Outlet, I can hoard my books and not break the bank. You'll notice this if you follow me on Instagram.

These days, I have become immersed in the online book community. 
Who knew there was a plethora of Instagrammers, Book Tube video creators, blogs and more all dedicated to my shared passion of reading.

Personally, I have very few friends who read and I live in a age-diverse community, so to find (or cultivate) a social book club is difficult. Therefore my solution has been to create a blog where I can sound off for as long, or as little as I want about books, reading lists, authors and more on a medium that I am extremely comfortable with - computers.

I don't know where this blog will take me, but I'll keep reading and sharing my thoughts, putting them out into the cosmic internet void. Who knows what could happen?

If you'd like to join me too, scroll down to the bottom and sign up for email notifications for future blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment